Standard Group Kenya Studio Maintenance Technician Job
The Standard Group Plc is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services, as well as outdoor advertising. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key in uence in matters of national and international interest. Our various media platforms include: The Standard newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising) and Standard Digital. As part of strengthening our operations Technical, is looking for a smart, creative, skilled and ambitious individual to join the team.
STUDIO MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Reporting to The Manager Broadcast Studio and Maintenance, the incumbent is responsible for servicing and maintain studio broadcast equipment, providing technical support during productions.
- Provide technical support during studio live and recorded productions.
- Implement routine and scheduled maintenance in all technical areas within the studio.
- Technical preparation and line-up of studio equipment before show productions.
- Provide alternative solutions to avoid total failure of transmission and other productions.
- Facilitation of signal routing during news and other productions.
- Repair of faulty equipment expeditiously.
- Proper logging of technical incidence for follow up.
- Proper handover of technical shifts.
- Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering or Electrical & Electronic Engineering from a recognized institution
- 2 years relevant experience
Skills and Attributes
- Should have excellent Communication skills
- Must be self-driven, assertive, punctual and organized.
- Ability to make decisions under situation of uncertainty.
- Solid ICT knowledge is a definite advantage.
- Must have an up-to-date knowledge of all relevant technologies in digital broadcasting production techniques including audio/video capture and distribution and IP networks.
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than Wednesday 21st March, 2018.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.