Standard Group Kenya Studio Broadcast Engineer Job
The Standard Group Plc is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services, as well as outdoor advertising. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters of national and international interest. Our various media platforms include: The Standard newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising) and Standard Digital. As part of strengthening our operations Technical, is looking for a smart, creative, skilled and ambitious individual to join the team.
STUDIO BROADCAST ENGINEER
Reporting to The Manager Broadcast Studio and Maintenance, the incumbent is responsible for undertaking Studio Broadcast facilities maintenance and supervising installations.
- Ensure smooth operation of studio equipment in delivering un-interrupted services 24/7.
- To ensure technical incidents are fixed in transmission and studio productions immediately to result in less downtime.
- To train maintenance and operation teams on the broadcast systems to maximize service delivery.
- Ensure implementation of routine and scheduled maintenance.
- Management of Studio technical maintenance team shift roster to ensure flawless service.
- Work with ICT broadcast support and external consultants to resolve challenges arising.
- Develop and manage studio lighting.
- Management of daily logs to improve services
- Research and advice on new efficient technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications Engineering or Electrical & Electronic Engineering from a recognized institution
- 5 years relevant experience
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Should have excellent Communication skills
- Must be self-driven, assertive, punctual and organized.
- Ability to translate overall Group plans into operations plans.
- Ability to make decisions under situation of uncertainty.
- Solid ICT knowledge is a definite advantage.
- Must have an up-to-date knowledge of all relevant technologies in digital broadcasting production techniques including audio/video capture and distribution and IP networks.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective leadership and management skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate great planning and organization skills.
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than Wednesday 21st March, 2018.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.