Parliamentary Service Commission Senior Deputy Clerk Job
The Parliamentary Service Commission wishes to recruit an energetic and results-oriented individual to fill the following vacancy:-
- SENIOR DEPUTY CLERK (NATIONAL ASSEMBLY) – PSC SCALE 16
(a) Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities at this grade will include:
- Deputizing the Clerk of the National Assembly
- General supervision of all Directorates in the National Assembly
- External relations including international relations, inter-parliamentary relations, conferences and protocol affairs;
- Enhancing public understanding and knowledge of the work of the National Assembly and increasing public accessibility and awareness of its operations;
- Offering Procedural advice to the Speaker, other presiding officers and Members of the National Assembly as required and overseeing the proceedings of the National Assembly;
- Preparation and presentation of orientation programs for newly elected Members of the National Assembly; and
- Introduction and management of the Parliamentary Internship Programme
(b) Requirements for Appointment
Appointment to this grade will be made from Deputy Clerks/Directors who will have:
- Meritoriously executed the duties and responsibilities at that grade for at least three (3) years;
- Shown proven and enduring flair for parliamentary procedures and practice, and have wide experience on the role, functions and operations of Parliament, through exhaustive service in all spheres of Parliament;
- Attended a Senior Management Course from a recognized institution; and
- Mastered a wealth of knowledge on the role, functions and operations of Parliament, through exhaustive service in all spheres of Parliament.
- A Masters degree in a relevant field from a recognized University will be an added advantage.
Applications must include a cover letter, duly completed Parliamentary Service Commission Job Application Form (Form 1J), which can be downloaded from www.parliament.go.ke or obtained from the office of the Head of the Commission Secretariat, 1st Floor, County Hall, Parliament Buildings, copies of academic certification and /or testimonials.
Applications should be addressed to:-
Clerk of the Senate/Secretary
Parliamentary Service Commission,
P.O. Box 41842-00100,
Or hand delivered to the office of the Head of the Commission Secretariat, 1st Floor, County Hall, during office hours or emailed as a PDF file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received on or before 9th June 2018.
Applications from applicants who do not complete the Parliamentary Service Commission Job Application Form (Form 1J) referred to in this advertisement will NOT be considered.