The National Council for Nomadic Education in Kenya (NACONEK) is a semi-autonomous government agency established under section 94(1) of the Basic Education Act, 2013. It is established to provide its function as stipulated in the Sixth Schedule.
The National Council for Nomadic Education in Kenya (NACONEK) wishes to recruit a qualified candidate to fill the position of SECRETARY.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
For appointment to this position a candidate must:
- Have a minimum of a first degree in education or related discipline;
- Have masters degree from a University recognised in Kenya;
- Have at least ten years’ proven experience in leadership at senior management level;
- Has experience in finance, management and public administration, and
- Satisfies the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Secretary shall be: –
- Subject to the directions of the Council, be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Council;
- The Chief Executive Officer of the Council;
- The custodian of the records of the Council; and
- implementing the decisions of the Council;
- facilitating, coordinating and ensuring the performance of the functions of the Council;
- implementing, with the approval of the Council programmes of work for performance of the functions of the Council;
- the general discipline of the staff of the Council; and
- The performance of such other duties as may be assigned by the Council.
The Secretary shall serve on such terms and conditions as the Cabinet Secretary may determine.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are advised to submit their letter of application with the following:-
detailed CV, copies of relevant academic, professional certificates, Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption commission (EACC), Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department(CID) and other testimonials: current and expected remuneration and benefits; telephone/email contacts; national identity card or passport and other relevant supporting documents with a minimum of three (3) referees.
Candidates are also required to ensure that a soft copy of their application is emailed to: Naconek2014@gmail.com
All applications shall be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top ‘Application for the position of Secretary’ and addressed to: –
National Council for Nomadic Education in Kenya
Uchumi House 6th floor, Agha Khan Walk
P.O Box 30040-00100 NAIROBI
The Council reserves the right to verify the documentation submitted by the candidates. The Council will offer a competitive package and benefits to the successful candidate. NACONEK is an equal opportunity employer. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications must be submitted by close of business 5.00pm on the 11th of December 2018.