Kenya Ferry Services Coxswain Senior Operations Officer Job
Our client, Kenya Ferry Services is a State Corporation, established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and operating under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure, mandated with the operation of ferries in the Country. The Company’s headquarters are set along the expansive shores of the beautiful and splendid Indian Ocean overlooking the magnificent view of the channel at Peleleza, Likoni – Mombasa.
To strengthen the team, KFS is seeking to engage dynamic, highly driven and result oriented individuals from the East Africa region for the positions of Senior Procurement Officer and Senior Operations Officer.
Senior Operations Officer (Coxswain) -Ref: SOO/06/2018
Reporting to Principal Operations Officer, the Senior Operations Officer will be responsible for acting as a link between the coxwains and the management in providing the technical aspect of ferry operations and ensuring smooth operations of the fleet for safe crossing of the ferry users.
- Participate in the development of the department’s work plan and budget;
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual department reports
- Mentor and Coach departmental staff
- Participate in the implementation of the performance management system in the department
- Participate in departmental meetings
- Participate in committee meetings as appropriate
- Coordinate movement of available ferries in operation
- Consolidate traffic sheets and pre-sea checks for records taking and ferry performance
- Monitor flow of traffic to ensure safe service
- Is a key link between engineering department and operations
- Prepare duty rota and leave schedule for the coxswains
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Is a holder of Bachelor’s degree in Social Science/Management or related field/Diploma in Social Science/Management from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Has not less than nine (9) years’ working experience for Degree holders, and fifteen (15) years’ working experience for Diploma Holders, with at least three (3) years served as an Operations Officer or similar role;
- Experience in marine transport industry is an added advantage.
- Must be a holder of a Coxswain Certificate of Competency; Standard Training for Certification and Watch Keeping (STCW); and See Fares (ITF);
- Professional training in transport and logistics is an added advantage;
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body; and
- Must satisfy requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents; Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission; and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe your career objectives match the above role, please forward your application and detailed CV stating, your current position, remuneration, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience, on or before Tuesday 17 July 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only email applications will be accepted.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.
All appointments shall be on permanent and pensionable terms.